Saturday 23 June 2012

Purple Smurple

So when I wrote below that I love dark purple nail polishes, when talking about the nicole by OPI nail polish sample, I couldnt have been more disappointed when I put the nail polish on for the first time!

Theres nothing wrong with the colour, its just not as dark as I thought it would be looking at the bottle. (please excuse my manky nails!)

After one coat of nail polish.

The nail polish is very opaque after the first coating, which is fine, most nail polishes take a good few coats to look good. But after using barry m nail polishes for a while now ive become used to not even needing to do another coat! 

After three coats of nail polish.

So after the third coat I decided that it looked good enough. I did get a few compliments on the colour throughout the day so that was nice.
However, I havent tried OPI nail polishes before, but this particular one does not last long. I painted them during the evening and did nothing but watch tv until bed. When I woke up in the morning they were already chipped! Not impressed! 
They did survive intense hand washing at work, but did not last a night out in the city. 
Let me know what you think of OPI nail polishes :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment