Friday 4 May 2012

new love: maybelline colorsensational / new hate: Australian price of Revlon lip butters!

I went into Target today to pick up some Revlon Lip Butters to find that they were selling them for about $22! What a rip! Im sure I went to David Jones a month ago and saw them retailing for about $17 so Im guessing Revlon/Target have decided to cash in on their success :( boo!

Anyways, never mind because I did find something I could afford and have ended up loving :)
Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks! All of the colours were beautiful but I decided to go with what seemed to be the least popular (there were many in stock) Mango Diamonds 445.


I love the smell of the lipstick, its sweet and tangy but doesnt have a taste. Its super glossy on the lips which is great as I get really dry lips and I can just pop this on and not worry about having any balm underneath to stop any chapping :) 
Its quite pigmented, but the colour does look a bit different on the lips (excuse the eye makeup :D) :


But I love the natural colour, my lips are very red naturally so its good to have a nice pinky/orange lip.
From other reviews, people dont like the packaging!! I think its so pretty and its really easy to find in your handbag/makeup case. And it has entertained me for a good few minutes, checking out what it looks like in different lights haha (loser!!).

Come to think of it, I have swapped a few of my revlon products to maybelline recentley. I use the maybelline black kohl eyeliner instead of the revlon one now due to the revlon one being so HARD!! It hurt my eyelids and took a while to apply (im guessing it had to warm up first.. lame!!)

love love love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment