Wednesday 12 September 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

Ive heard and read alot about this foundation, and it seems that it is well loved.
I had reallllly high expectations when trying this foundation because of this and have a few different thoughts about the product.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
 
 
I like the packaging and I have to admit I did not realise that it was a squirty bottle and was spooning out the product using the tube!!!! I felt so stupid when I discovered the pump! HAHA!!
First thing I noticed is that it says that it has an anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow. This would be useful considering I do shift work and always look a bit tired :(
When I opened the bottle I could smell the foundation, I think its quite refreshing to have a foundation that has a fruity smell rather than nothing! My sister said that she didnt like the smell and it smelt like an airplane toilet, I wish airplane toilets smelt like this foundation but I admit its not as good smelling as I thought it was going to be.
 
 

The foundation itself is so easy to apply to the skin. I do use a brush to apply my foundation but I did try using both my brush and my hands and either or its still easy to apply.
It has this nice moisturizing feel to it making my skin feel and look soft and dewy (maybe not the best word to use but cant think of any others!) but I dont know about anti fatigue! Im blessed with dark circles and the foundation is buildable but theres no covering these circles with this foundation without a little help from a concealer!
There is a slight shimmer to this foundation, only seen when the product is in contact with light which Im guessing is where the radiant glow comes into it.

Dont get me wrong, overall I LOVE this foundation!! It agrees with my skin, leaves it soft all day and makes my face look radiant. I dont think its as great as I thought it was going to be, but I will be repurchasing it once I run out of this one.

I bought this one from Superdrug in the UK for £6.99, I believe in Australia it is roughly $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment